Dehradun: Amid the ongoing investigation into the violent protest by factory workers in the Selaqui industrial estate of Dehradun over wage-related issues on Saturday, police are also probing a suspected link between the accused and those allegedly involved in a similar protest in Noida a few weeks ago.
Police Arrests and Investigation
The information was shared by Sahaspur circle officer Anuj Kumar on Monday. “Police have so far arrested 13 accused for allegedly provoking factory workers over wage issues and inciting violence. Ten of them were arrested on Sunday, while three others -- Salman, 22, a resident of Selaqui; Taiyyab Khan, 22, a resident of Shahjahanpur and Azim Ansari, 24, a resident of Lakhimpur Kheri -- were arrested on Monday,” Kumar said.
He added that after arresting the accused under section 170 of the BNSS, police examined their mobile phones. “During the examination, we came across some suspicious WhatsApp groups in which messages related to the workers’ protest were being shared. We are also probing the suspected links between the accused and those involved in the Noida labour unrest, which is being investigated by the UP police,” Kumar said.
Security Measures and Prohibitory Orders
The circle officer also said that around 100-120 police personnel had been deployed in the Selaqui area to maintain law and order following the unrest.
Earlier on Sunday, Dehradun district magistrate Savin Bansal imposed prohibitory orders under section 163 of the BNSS amid the unrest in Selaqui. Under the orders, gathering of more than five people at public places has been prohibited, along with a ban on carrying weapons such as swords or canes. Organising rallies, demonstrations, sloganeering and marches without prior permission from the administration has also been barred.



